First of all, welcome to our forums! We hope that you’ll find them enjoyable, and you’ll have many fruitful discussions on here. Before you start posting (or if you’ve been posting for a while but feel like you need to refresh the basics), please take a moment to read through our rules of conduct, which are applicable to all forums on www.gog.com.
The GOG forums are safe online spaces for holding civil, lively discussion. Please do not ever post with the sole purpose and intention to upset other forum users. Negative comments and minority opinions are absolutely welcome, but forum users are expected to be able to substantiate their position without resorting to name-calling and offensive language.
By logging into our forums, you are agreeing to the rules listed below and the GOG User Agreement found here.
- Always treat others with kindness and respect, even if you don’t agree with them.
- Stay on topic, don’t intentionally derail threads, don’t troll, don’t spam.
- Use appropriate language.
- Do not intentionally insult or offend others.
- We don’t tolerate hate speech, intimidation, harassment, sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs, and discrimination.
WE DON’T TOLERATE:
- Posting your own as well as other people’s personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, place of work, etc.).
- Posting links to phishing sites, malware, or spyware.
- Impersonating forum moderators or other users.
- Spamming, bashing, flaming or trolling
- Any kind of encouragement towards taking drugs or drinking alcohol.
- Creating multiple accounts.
- Posting something that is knowingly false.
- Thread bumping, hijacking or posting comments that are unrelated to the original topic and make it difficult for others to follow the discussion.
- Posting pornography, inappropriate or offensive content, warez, unreleased game content, and things that are generally considered not suitable for work.
- Linking to cracks, key generators, pirated content and promoting piracy overall. However, discussions about piracy are generally acceptable.
- Posting cheats, hacks, game exploits, and game spoilers - unless you clearly note that this is what your post is about at the top of it.
- Threats of violence, harassment or privacy breach - even as a joke.
- Using a third party’s intellectual property (full or partial scans of articles, books, full transcriptions of articles, etc.) unless you have permission to do so.
- Selling (including real-life or in-game trading), advertising, referrals, links to other stores, auctioning - unless this applies to giveaways.
- Use of language that is abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, obscene, profane, threatening, privacy-invasive, or law-violating.
- Encouraging anyone else to break these rules.
- Taking any other actions that are deemed inappropriate by GOG at our sole discretion.
- Political discussions not related to a video game are not permitted. Threads created exclusively to talk about politics will be locked. Users who ignore this rule repeatedly will be met with moderation.
HOW WE MODERATE:
- If you see a person breaking the rules, don’t attempt to moderate - let GOG Staff or GOG Community Moderators know and ignore the post(s), threads, etc.
- Violations of our rules may be met with removal of a message, a written warning, or a temporary or permanent ban from the server. If your offense violates the law, your account may be suspended and relevant authorities may be notified of your misconduct.
- All decisions with regards to post moderation (edits and deleting) and user warnings are made by GOG Staff or GOG Community Moderators, whereas thread locking, temporary and permanent bans are made by GOG Staff. In both cases they are final and not up for discussion. However, constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome, provided they are directed to the forum moderators and not disputed within the forum itself.
- We don’t warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posts published on the forums.
- We reserve the right to edit or delete any post that we feel breaks any of the rules stated within the hereby Forum Code of Conduct.
- If you are confused about any particular action taken that involves you, please contact us.
- Official communication with any member of GOG Staff should be considered as valid as correspondence with all moderating authorities. Abusive and/or aggressive attitude towards GOG Staff may constitute grounds for further penalties.
Please use the reputation system and the “report as spam” system in justified cases. For the explanation of how our Forum features work, have a look at the Forum and feedback section in our FAQs here.
These Forum Rules are subject to change at any time, but we will try and inform you via the forum when they do.
To contact us, do so via this contact form.