The banner should be visible even if you don’t own TW3 on any platform, if you have an Internet connection while launching GOG GALAXY 2.0.
If it doesn't, please go through these troubleshooting steps:
- Please make sure you have the 2.0.16 version of GOG GALAXY installed. You can check that in the application's settings window in the bottom left corner. You can update it without any data loss by using the installer available at https://www.gog.com/galaxy
- Make sure that you see The Witcher 3 (base game or GOTY) entry in your Owned games list in GOG GALAXY. It has to on a platform other than GOG.
To do this, hover your cursor on the cover and you’ll see a platform icon on the toolltip, or change to the list view. You can also check the platform within the game view.
- Go to The Witcher 3 game view from your library or search, and check if you see the free copy banner.
If you don’t see the banner, please restart GOG GALAXY (cog icon -> exit; don’t just close the window) while having a stable Internet connection.
- While GOG GALAXY is not running (cog icon -> Exit)
Remove, or temporarily move elsewhere, this folder:
(bookmarks are lost if the folder is removed, but tags are safe)
Launch GOG GALAXY again, and check the “Recent” view and The Witcher 3's game view.
- Optionally, if the above doesn’t work, do the same with:
(this one will disconnect integrations, but preserve games)
- Try to close GOG GALAXY (cog icon -> Exit) and connect through a different network (e.g. your phone's Hotspot), then launch GOG GALAXY again.
- Try to disconnect the integration of the platform on which you have The Witcher 3, and connect it again. Go to the “Recent” view to check if the banner is there.