If the game download stops at 92'nd percent of the game's installation procedure, then please follow the workarounds provided below:
1. Close GOG GALAXY by pressing the cogwheel icon located in the upper left corner of the client and selecting „Exit".
2. Navigate to the installation folder of the game (by default that would be C:\GOG GAMES\Baldurs Gate 3) and open a folder named „Data".
3. In that folder, please look for a file named game.pak.state and move it outside of the „Data" folder.
4. Locate a file named "game.pak.download" and rename it to „game.pak" (without quotation marks).
5. Launch GOG GALAXY again and see if the installation of the game will finalize itself.
1. Close GOG GALAXY by pressing the cogwheel icon located to in the upper left corner of the client and selecting „Exit" (make sure that you do NOT remove any of the game files that you have downloaded so far)
2. On your keyboard, press Winkey+R (Winkey = the keyboard key with the Windows logo on it) and in the newly opened „Run" window, enter:
„%programdata%\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs” and press OK (without the quotation marks)
3. In the newly opened window, look for a folder called „storage" and either delete or move it outside of the directory where it is currently being stored.
4. Launch GOG GALAXY again and wait for the client to re-import your account's data.
5. You might notice that your list of installed games is empty. This is a normal behavior of the client.
6. Please click on the cogwheel icon once again and this time select „Add games & Friends > Scan folders for GOG Games".
7. Wait for the client to import your games back to your list of installed titles. Among them, there should also be a copy of Baldur's Gate 3.
8. Click on the game's icon and see if the game is possible to start/play via the launcher.
Delete any previously downloaded game files from the directory where you have previously installed Baldur’s Gate 3, and then please perform a clean reinstall of the GALAXY client by doing the following:
First, uninstall GOG GALAXY by running the unins000.exe file located in the GOG GALAXY installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG GALAXY).
Then make sure that the following folders are also removed:
where *username* should be your Windows Account Username.
You might need to show hidden files and folders in the "Folder and search options", if you haven't done so already.
Restart your computer.
The next step is to download the latest version of GOG GALAXY from our website:
http://www.gog.com/galaxy, and run the installation as administrator.
Once you reinstall the client and log into your account again, please try to download Baldur's Gate 3 once again and if this time you will be able to complete the installation procedure, then please afterward manually add your previously installed games by pressing the cogwheel icon in the upper left corner of the client and selecting „Add games & Friends > Scan folders for GOG Games".
Please also keep in mind that you can download a standalone game installer and use it to install the game. GOG GALAXY should automatically import it.
You can download it in two ways:
1. Directly from the website:
To do that, simply open your account by using the following link:
https://www.gog.com/account, click on the game, and look for the installer under "Download offline backup game installers". If it consists of multiple parts, all of them need to be downloaded to the same location.
2. Via GOG GALAXY:
To do that, launch GOG GALAXY, select your game, and access "Extras" from the menu above.
Next, scroll down to find Backup game installers and click it to start the download.
In Download Tab (from the left side panel) you can track the progress of the download and directly access the folder once completed.
1. Navigate to the installation folder of the game:
- If the game was installed via GOG GALAXY, please select the game in GALAXY, click on Customize (it's the button to the right of "Play") -> Manage Installation -> Show Folder
- If the game was installed via the offline installer, then you will have to manually navigate to the game installation folder, by default it's: C:\GOG Games\game-title\
2. Please turn off GOG GALAXY by pressing the cogwheel icon located to in the upper left corner of the client and selecting „Exit"
3. Rename the main folder where your game files have been downloaded to (For example if the game was downloaded to C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate 3, rename the folder to (for example) C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate 3 - test).
4. Start GOG GALAXY again and then once more press the cogwheel icon, but this time please select „Add games & Friends > Scan folders for GOG Games".
5. Wait for the game to import itself into the client and see if you are able to launch it directly from GOG GALAXY afterward.