What is the GOG Wallet?
GOG offers users a digital account balance called the "GOG Wallet" in connection with your user account, which you can use to make purchases of GOG content.
How can I add money to GOG Wallet?
GOG Wallet top-ups are separated from regular purchases. You can top-up your GOG Wallet using payment methods accepted by GOG by going into the "Wallet" section, after logging in. You can also check your current GOG Wallet balance and history there. We may also add funds to your GOG Wallet as part of our Voluntary Refund Policy (also see our User Agreement).
What are the rules of using GOG Wallet?
- The maximum GOG Wallet balance is $500 (five hundred US Dollars) and the maximum daily ‘turnover’ (meaning the sum of top-ups and wallet usage together within 24 hours) is $1000 (one thousand US Dollars), or their equivalent in the applicable currency.
- GOG reserves the right to change or add GOG Wallet rules from time to time if necessary to protect it and keep it updated.
- When making gift purchases, the same limitations apply as when using some other payment sources. You should check the Gift Codes section for details.
- The GOG Wallet and its funds do not constitute electronic money of any kind and are non-transferable and non-exchangeable under any circumstances. This applies to your GOG Wallet and any funds at all times, including (but not limited to) at any suspension or termination of your account (although if that takes place as a result you not agreeing to any notified change to our policies, then you have the right to appeal to us at our reasonable discretion).
- GOG Wallet and its funds do not constitute personal property, have no value outside GOG services and can only be used to purchase GOG.COM content via GOG services. GOG Wallet and its funds have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. GOG Wallet funds that are considered legally to be unclaimed property may be turned over to the applicable authority.
- GOG Wallet or its funds cannot be gifted, sold, transferred or otherwise disposed of, but you can use your GOG Wallet to purchase gift copies of GOG games for other GOG users.
- GOG Wallet funds are used based on a ‘first in first out’ rule, meaning that the oldest funds will be used first for your purchases.
What currency is available for GOG Wallet?
GOG Wallet is available in all currencies available to you after login depending on your current location. However, for legal reasons, we cannot mix two currencies in one purchase. So, if you top-up your GOG Wallet in USD, you'll have a wallet balance in USD and, for purchases made in your local currency, you’ll have a separate GOG Wallet balance in the local currency.
Please keep in mind that funds cannot be transferred from one wallet balance to another (which also means from one currency to another).
Can I combine GOG Wallet with another payment method?
Yes, if the funds in your GOG Wallet are insufficient to purchase what you want, you can complete the payment with one of our other payment methods, using the same currency as your GOG Wallet balance.
Do GOG Wallet have an expiration date?
GOG Wallet funds have no expiry date.
Are GOG Wallet funds themselves refundable?
You may request a refund for GOG Wallet funds within 30 (thirty) days of purchase if they were purchased on GOG and if you have not used any of those funds, in effect from March 26th, 2019. We think it's fair that this policy applies only to unused GOG Wallet funds purchased by you using real money.
This refund policy will be subject to a fair use policy: as long as you use it reasonably, you should be fine. However, if we believe that you are acting unreasonably or are abusing the program, then we reserve the right to refuse to grant you further refunds.
Technical limitations may apply to some payment methods, namely pre-paid cards where we may not be able to provide you with GOG Wallet refunds.
I added funds to my GOG Wallet but they have not appeared, what do I do?
As soon as you complete the checkout process the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account in the "GOG Wallet" section.
If you never reached the payment success screen after making the transaction, nor have you received an order confirmation e-mail, and you're sure that the payment went through, please contact Support. It's possible that there was some problem with the payment, and we need to process the order manually.