This issue is most often linked to overlays that different programs might be using in the background.
1) Please try disabling the Windows Game bar in Windows:
2) If the game keeps crashing it should ask you whether you want to launch it in Safe Mode, please do so. Once successfully launched for the first time in Safe Mode the game should then work correctly in Direct12.
If you are having problems evoking the Safe Mode prompt then please press the LEFT ALT+ENTER during the loading sequence. This should attempt to open the game in windowed mode and should make the Safe Mode prompt appear.
3) Please try disabling GOG Overlay in Galaxy settings?
To do this please click the cogwheel in the upper left corner in GOG Galaxy->Settings->Game features (under GOG.com games)->uncheck overlay
4) Please try deleting the following files from the game's installation folder:
5) Please try disabling any other programs that might be using overlays (e.g Afterburner)